It’s time to make more GOOD TROUBLE!
We’ve seen some historic victories nationally and in many state government elections including Massachusetts. While we celebrate, there is still more work to be done to protect our democracy, women’s access to reproductive health, our justice system, our climate and more.
Since neither Incumbent Senator Warnock nor challenger Walker received more than 50% of the vote in Georgia, there will be a runoff election on December 6. Please help get voters to the polls. Polling locations may have changed from the general election, so it is important that folks have all the information.
Make calls to Black “super voters”, voters who regularly vote, with Center for Common Ground using their PDI platform.
- Sign up here: https://www.centerforcommonground.org/phonebanks#events for a guided phonebank with training and support.
- You can make calls on your own if you can’t make one of the phonebanks. Here’s all you need to know.
- A majority of calls go to the voter’s voice mail, which is still an effective way of making contact and increasing voter participation.
Put your faith into action with UU the Vote
- Join me the next 2 Monday evenings from 6 to 8 pm to make calls using Center for Common Ground’s platform. Sign up here….just like the other phonebanks but we gather with our faith community, beginning with a spiritual grounding. I will be conducting the training and would love to see familiar faces!
- Join UUs on other nights in a variety of phonebank platforms or texting. See the full list of events here.
If you do take actions, please keep track of your letters, texts, and phonecalls and I will continue to report them to the UUA. Please contact me at if you have any questions or would like more details.
With gratitude for all you do,
Beth Posner-Waldron, Coordinator, UUCW Get Out The Vote Team