I am only one—But still, I am one.
I cannot do everything, But still, I can do something.
And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.
– Edward Everett Hale
We all lead busy lives.
There is never enough time to get done all that we need to do.
Time is that precious commodity we never have enough of.
There is a pivotal election coming up.
We care deeply about our progressive social justice causes. We care deeply about preserving our democracy.
Our aim is to reach out to as many people as possible to educate and encourage them to vote.
Please join us.
We have information and guidance to help get you started. Keep up to date with UUCW’s Get Out the Vote #gotv efforts here:
- Faith In Action – Side With Love Task Force News – January 18, 2022
- Faith In Action – Side With Love Task Force News – January 11, 2022
- Faith In Action – Get Out The Vote News – January 4, 2022
- Faith In Action – Side With Love Task Force News – November 23, 2021
- Faith In Action – Get Out The Vote News – November 9, 2021
- Faith In Action – Get Out The Vote News – June 15, 2021
- Faith In Action – Side With Love & Get Out The Vote News – December 1, 2020
- Faith In Action – Side With Love & Get Out The Vote News – November 24, 2020
- Faith In Action – Side With Love & Get Out The Vote News – November 17, 2020
- Faith In Action – Side With Love & Get Out The Vote News – November 3, 2020
What can you do right now?
Voting is one of the most important tools we have to further the values we believe in. Let us put into action the 5th Principle affirmed by Unitarian Universalist congregations: “The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large”.
Request your own absentee/vote by mail ballot for Massachusetts here https://www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/eleabsentee/absidx.htm
Here are some other activities:
www.whenweallvote.org Currently focused on getting people registered to vote, several virtual meetings and rallies.
www.voteforward.org, Vote Forward is organizing people to commit to writing 10 or more letters that will be sent to the state/district at the most opportune time prior to the election. Anyone want to join a letter-writing party?
Call your elected officials to ask them to support making a safe and secure vote by mail option available in Massachusetts and nationwide.