What is Potpourri Sunday?
Potpourri Sunday is an opportunity for those attending worship to engage each other in dialogue and conversation about programs and opportunities for service and social support throughout the church year. During the service participants are invited to attend any of several extended conversations instead of a reflection by the minister. Conversations happen in rooms throughout the service and a few also invite online participation, as well as a dedicated online space.
What Will Winter Potpourri Sunday Include?
On Sunday, February 4, 2024, during the 10:00 am Sunday Morning Service (in-person and online) participants will be invited to choose to attend any one of the following conversations/activities:
- Conversation with Rev. Aaron Payson on the History of the Black Empowerment Movement within Unitarian Universalism
- Religious Education for all ages about the legacy of Rosa Parks with Robin Mitcavitch, Director of Religious Exploration
- An opportunity to sing with Music Director, Matthew Johnsen
- Conversation about “Funding Our Future” with members of various finance teams and committees.
- Conversation about “Serving Vulnerable Families” with members of a variety of UUCW outreach teams.
- Conversation about “Saving Democracy” with members of a variety of UUCW outreach teams.
- Online conversation about continuing to develop and integrate virtual participation at UUCW.
How do I Attend Potpourri Sunday?
Just come to worship on Sunday, February 4, 2024 at 10:00 am. No registration is necessary (other than to receive the link if attending online. For more information about this Sunday or any other questions please reach out to the Connections Team ().