It’s time to make more GOOD TROUBLE!
Since neither Incumbent Senator Warnock nor challenger Walker received more than 50% of the vote in Georgia, there will be a runoff election on December 6. This election could ensure that we have more people in Washington protecting our values. Please help get voters to the polls.
Make calls to Black “super voters”, voters who regularly vote, with Center for Common Ground using their PDI platform.
- Sign up here: https://www.centerforcommonground.org/phonebanks#events
- You can make calls on your own if you can’t make it to one of the phonebanks. Here’s all you need to know.
- There will be fewer polling locations so it’s important that folks have all the information.
- A majority of calls go to the voter’s voice mail, which is still an effective way of making contact and increasing voter participation.
- I am co-leading a guided phonebank on Wednesday, 11/30, from 4 to 6 PM ET. Sign up here
Put your faith into action with UU the Vote
- Join me the night before the election, Monday, Dec. 5th, from 6 to 8 PM ET to make calls using Center for Common Ground’s platform. Sign up here….just like the other phonebanks but we gather with our faith community, beginning with a spiritual grounding. I will be conducting the training and would love to see familiar faces!
- Join UUs on other nights in a variety of phonebank platforms or texting. See the full list of events here.
We’ve done a lot to protect our democracy and voters turned out to defeat hate and to protect our climate, women’s access to reproductive health, our justice system, and more. Let’s do all we can to make a difference in Georgia and in our country!
With gratitude for all you do,
Beth Posner-Waldron, Coordinator, UUCW Get Out The Vote Team
Contact me at GOtV@uucworcester.org