It’s time to make more GOOD TROUBLE!
Since neither incumbent Senator Warnock nor challenger Walker received more than 50% of the vote in Georgia, there will be a runoff election on December 6. Please help get voters to the polls.
Make calls to Black “super voters”, voters who regularly vote, with Center for Common Ground using their PDI platform.
- Sign up here: https://www.centerforcommonground.org/phonebanks#events
- Starting Thursday, 11/17, you can make calls on your own if you can’t make one of the phonebanks. Here’s all you need to know.
- There will be fewer polling locations so it’s important that folks have all the information.
- A majority of calls go to the voter’s voice mail, which is still an effective way of making contact and increasing voter participation.
Write letters with Vote Forward
- For information on letter writing, go to their webpage: http://www.voteforward.org
- You’ll find templates and instructions for letters to write at home. The template provides a space for you to write a personal message about why you vote.
- To stay non-partisan, choose a Social Campaign.
- Letters are to go out as soon as they are written. You can download 5 or more at a time and chip away at them. Then download some more.
- You don’t write the entire letter…just a sentence or two about why you vote and the name and address on the envelope.
We reached our Good Trouble goals for the Midterm Election….thank you to all who helped get out the vote:
- 3 poll workers
- 3044 phone calls
- 3165 letters and postcards
- over 20% participation with 40 members participating in at least one activity
We’ve done a lot to protect our democracy and voters turned out to defeat hate and to protect our climate, women’s access to reproductive health, our justice system, and more. Let’s keep up the work.
Beth Posner-Waldron, Coordinator, UUCW Get Out The Vote Team
Contact me at GOtV@uucworcester.org