- Upcoming Events
- Leadership Directory
- Committee on Ministry Survey
- Dollars and Sense at UUCW
- 2013 Annual Congregational Meeting
Parish Service Committee
There are times in our lives when we need to know that someone will be there to walk beside us in life's journey. The Parish Service Committee reaches out to members and friends of the congregation who, for a variety of reasons, may desire personal support. Members of the committee reach out during these times as the institutional embodiment of the pastoral ministry of the church. We bring with us compassion, care, a listening ear, and resources made available by the congregation.
Working with the minister, members of the Committee are networked with a wide variety of members and friends of the congregation who are dedicated to offering support:
- When you are dealing with an illness or health concern
- Through the different stages of your life such as job loss, divorce, a move, the arrival of a child, or retirement
- In time of loss or death within your family or circle of friends
- In times of personal crisis
- By providing transportation, meals or a sympathetic ear
The ministry of the Committee is one of outreach. Members of the Team will reach out to members and friends of our congregation as they perceive a need. However, you may also contact the minister at (508) 853-1942 and request a visit or phone call.
The Committee works collaboratively with the minister and meets regularly to coordinate their efforts. Confidentiality is part of the Committee's covenant and a prerequisite for membership on the Committee.
We are a caring committee of a compassionate congregation.
We are currently seeking volunteers to assist Parish Service in its variety of ministries. To take the survey online, please click here. To download a copy of the survey and send it to the church click here.
|Parish Service Brochure||205.25 KB|